Routing

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.

Confusion with QoS policers in inet and inet6 families and subscriber contracted band width

• 1.  Confusion with QoS policers in inet and inet6 families and subscriber contracted band width

Posted 12-03-2021 15:56
    I have a confusion with policers applied in inet and inet6 families and the contracted BW of a subscriber. If I apply policer for each family, do each family have the BW defined in the policers ? I mean, if I configure policers of 300MB for each families, the subscriber has a IPv4 device and IPv6 device and each one consume 300MB, then will the BW total of subscriber be 600MB (300MB IPV4 + 300MB IPv6)?

IPv4 END Device                                                                         Subscriber interface:
    Application with 300MB                                                                   - policer inet 300MB
                                                               \                                                             - policer inet6 300MB
                                                                  \                                                                     |
                                                                     \_________                    _______             |      _______                           @@@@@@@@@@@
                                                                      |                 |                 |               |           v    |              |                     @                                               @
                                                                      |  ONT    |--------- |  OLT   |----------|  BNG |----------@             INTERNET              @
                                                                      |________ |                 |_______|                  |_______|               |      @                                            @
                                                                    /                                                                                                         |          @@@@@@@@@@
                                                                 / Subscriber with                                                                       v
                                                              / only 300MB' contract                                     Subscriber BW 600MB ?
                                                          /
                IPv6 End Device
       Application with 300MB

------------------------------
    PABLOXJE
    ------------------------------