Routing

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  set protocols XXX interface all disable

Posted 03-04-2021 11:40
    Hello,

I am not sure of the interpretation of those commands:

set protocols ldp interface xe-0/3/0.0
    set protocols ldp interface xe-2/0/0.0
    set protocols ldp interface xe-2/0/3.0
    set protocols ldp interface all disable

Does it mean ldp is disable for all interfaces  included interfaces xe-0/3/0, xe-2/0/0 and xe-2/0/3?

Or does it mean ldp is enable for those 3 interfaces and for all the others it is disable?

I am a bit confused because it looks like the 'deactivate' command but in this case it's 'disable', could you help me to understand the difference?

Thank you in advance for your response!

• 2.  RE: set protocols XXX interface all disable

Posted 03-04-2021 23:02
    Or does it mean ldp is enable for those 3 interfaces and for all the others it is disable?
    - This is correct. Think of it as the other 3 config lines being more specific for those interfaces, and the all line is a catch-all for the rest. 

I am a bit confused because it looks like the 'deactivate' command but in this case it's 'disable', could you help me to understand the difference?
    - Not sure exactly what you're asking, can you elaborate? Deactivate makes a specific piece of configuration inactive, while disable shuts off function of something specific (in this case LDP of all interfaces outside of the 3 others)

• 3.  RE: set protocols XXX interface all disable

Posted 03-05-2021 03:10
    Hello,

Thank you for your help!

You've clarified my doubts!