Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.

Inline cgnat on MX5 with MPC

• 1.  Inline cgnat on MX5 with MPC

Posted 03-31-2021 12:10
    I've been reading the 'Day One: Deploying CGNAT for the MX Series' PDF which is pretty good. I want to setup source NAT to a pool. E.g. private subnet (/19) behind the MX to a pool to a smaller public pool (E.g /28) In the PDF is talks about inline and services NAT (You need a MPC for inline and DPC for services / Advance NAT from what I see) My Juniper is an MX5 with MPC cards so I guess I can only be using inline NAT.

I saw this in the document:

"Users looking to set up inline NAT ask this type of question often: But what if I have a private subnet of /14 but only have a/28 for the public pool? What do I do?" The honest answer is you need to move to using a service card in your MX and then move to a different dynamic NAT translation-type."

Does that seem right to ? Just to be able to do a source NAT to a pool you need a services card? (So I can't set this up with only MPC card)