Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  4-byte AS number question

Posted 03-09-2021 22:02
    If I want to test the compatibility between 2-byte and 4-byte AS. I have to find a 2-byte only capable image, right?  I can't send 23456 on a 4-byte capable image to simulate 2-byte AS, right ?

I remembered I tested this on Cisco, I found an old image with only 2-byte capability. But I could not find Junos image with only 2-byte capable only.

thanks a lot !!!

• 2.  RE: 4-byte AS number question

Posted 03-10-2021 05:34
    Juniper has supported 4 byte ASN since Junos 9.1 so it is simply not posted any longer or shipping with anything that does not have the feature.

The pre-Junos 9.1 image would only exist for hardware that was shipping prior to 2009, the first number in Junos is the year of release.

If the image exists for your hardware, you would need to open a technical support case to request an image that is no longer under extended end of life support.  If the images are available then JTAC will provide them via support on request.

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------