Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  two mx 204 ip unnumbered and load balancing

Posted 01-17-2021 00:36

Hi guys

I have MX 204 router and some customers in different vlans from ae1.30 to ae1.50 , I used ip unnumbered for them.

There is one IP address at lo interface as gateway

Now I get second MX 204, I need to make load balance with these two MX for our customers.
     Think I need to create vrrp virtual address, but how it make with lo interface? Or may be there is another way?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: two mx 204 ip unnumbered and load balancing

Posted 01-17-2021 18:19
    What is the physical architecture you are looking to setup?
    How will the customer side physical links and the two mx204 be setup?

Do you want to have the two mx204 participate in MC-LAG instead of the existing ae link?

You might be able to move the bundle to layer 2 and use irb and ethernet bridge as an alternative but it depends on how the customer side addressing and routing is setup now and how much you want to change going forward.

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: two mx 204 ip unnumbered and load balancing

Posted 01-18-2021 00:21
      |   view attached
    Here is the scheme I have now, I need to do load balancing for all my clients through two mx204s, if the first one is not working, then the clients could work through the second one without changing anything in their settings. But the problem is that they are in different vlans and I cannot configure vrrp for them