Routing

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  MC-LAG: backup-liveness-detection backup-peer-ip?

Posted 03-26-2020 09:40

Hi all,

May i know in MC-LAG whether we can put backup-peer-ip as loopback-peer-ip as per knob below. If the link back-to-back between two MX is down? In my design back-to-back link (ae0) just have one physical link only. I'm simulate this behaviour on EVE-NG without "backup-liveness-detection" and it have issue reachibility. So is it if i add that knob then if ae0 down the ICCP should be up? I'm cannot test that knob because currently in my topology my vMX using version 14.1R4.8 and that knob not exists. So appreciate if someone has been test in this kind of scenario.

"backup-liveness-detection backup-peer-ip "loopback_ip_peer"

Thanks and appreciate any feedback

• 2.  RE: MC-LAG: backup-liveness-detection backup-peer-ip?

Posted 03-26-2020 11:15

Yes you can.

• 3.  RE: MC-LAG: backup-liveness-detection backup-peer-ip?

Posted 03-26-2020 11:38

Hi Smicker,

I have additional question. Most all the sample config of MC-LAG, i can see they not allow vlan that use for ICCP at interface facing to downstream. In mean they just put vlan for iccp on back-to-back only between MX to MX. Is it have an issue if we put vlan for iccp at interface facing to downstream? I'm check on inetzero also some blog and they not put vlan ICCP on that interface.

Thanks and apreciate any feedback.

• 4.  RE: MC-LAG: backup-liveness-detection backup-peer-ip?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-26-2020 12:02

I've been advised not to as well but I don't see how it could be an issue unless the concern is that some event downstream impacts your ICCP.

It sounds like a good practice not to, but that said I have a few environments where the ICCP VLAN was trunked downstream without any issues.

@kronicklez wrote:

Hi Smicker,

I have additional question. Most all the sample config of MC-LAG, i can see they not allow vlan that use for ICCP at interface facing to downstream. In mean they just put vlan for iccp on back-to-back only between MX to MX. Is it have an issue if we put vlan for iccp at interface facing to downstream? I'm check on inetzero also some blog and they not put vlan ICCP on that interface.

Thanks and apreciate any feedback.