Routing

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  OSPF - 'no interface found' errors

Posted 12-29-2017 08:05

I ran the 'show ospf io-statistics' on a router and am seeing 'Recieve errors' increment:

Receive errors:
      4531853 no interface found

Nothing looks to be down as such, OSPF is functoning (apparently) normally.  Googling didn't provide much insight into exactly what these errors mean and how to tshoot, does anyone have more insight or a link to some useful documentation?

#routing

• 2.  RE: OSPF - 'no interface found' errors

Posted 12-29-2017 22:20
    Hi,

Have you configured “passive interface” ?

These errors are due to passive interface. You can ignore these errros

• 3.  RE: OSPF - 'no interface found' errors

Posted 01-02-2018 11:51

Yes there are passive interfaces configured.

• 4.  RE: OSPF - 'no interface found' errors
    Best Answer

Posted 01-02-2018 01:38

to get more details, you can enable traceoptios and do some debugging to see what OSPF is talking about.

• 5.  RE: OSPF - 'no interface found' errors

Posted 01-02-2018 11:53

Ok, thanks, as time permits I'll give that a shot and see what I can find.

• 6.  RE: OSPF - 'no interface found' errors

Posted 01-02-2018 15:50

One oof the nice benefits of Juniper devices is that you can run debugging on production systems with very little impact to resource usage and no impact to traffic processing. And once you configure it, you can simply deactivate and activate as needed until a resolution is found. You can flag errors or flag all, then comb through through the log for what is causing the errors. Did you also add the "extensive" switch to see more dertails on the show ospf interface? show ospf log, show ospf overview are additiona commands to run. You could also view interface extensive to view errors. Let us know what you find and if normal or what the resolution was. if I am not mistaken, this error could be an indication that there are duplicate IP addresses on the interfaces forming the neighbor relationship. Be sure to add the detail option when you set what to flag under the traceoptions.

• 7.  RE: OSPF - 'no interface found' errors

Posted 01-08-2018 08:43

I did some tracing, and the errors are caused by OSPF hellos coming in from a remote device that has OSPF configured, while the local interface on the Juniper does not have OSPF configured.

• 8.  RE: OSPF - 'no interface found' errors

Posted 01-02-2018 03:04

I agree with lyndidon,  I would enable trace options and investigate the root cause of the errors.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/ospf-traceoptions.html