Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  how to see traffic is using right queue on MX5

Posted 08-21-2020 11:26

Hi everybody,

Please consider the following example:

host 1.1.1.1--1.1.1.2 f0/0 MX5---F0/1-------

Above we have mapped DSCP EF to queue 2 on MX5

Host 1.1.1.1 is sending traffic with DSCP EF.

MX5 is also receiving EF traffic from other hosts on f0/0 ( not shown) which are eggressing   f0/1.

I could use show interface queue f0/1 and see if queue2 counter but it will show aggregate not just host1's traffic.

Is there any way we can find out if host 1.1.1.1  with DSCP EF is being placed in queue2 on f0/1 on MX2?

Thanks and have a good weekend!!

• 2.  RE: how to see traffic is using right queue on MX5
    Best Answer

Posted 08-21-2020 12:39

Hi sarahr202,

I hope you are having a blast! as you mentioned the output interface will aggregate all streams marked with EF to queue 2 hence I don't think and I have not found a way to see traffic for specific steam with a specific command, Nevertheless, you can place a network device facing f0/1 and use a firewall filter to count packets using the following matching criteria: from the source IP 1.1.1.1 and with DSCP EF in the ingress direction example:

host---f0/0-MX-f0/1--- [ingress FF(another network device)]

Please use rewrite rules on the MX to make sure the (network device) will receive the traffic with the EF DSCP 

You can try a filter in the egress direction on the MX but I am not sure if this is supported since actions like then count or then log are not supported in a lot of devices in the egress direction.

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution" so we can help others too \:)/

Regards,

Lil Dexx
    JNCIE-ENT#863, 3X JNCIP-[SP-ENT-DC], 4X JNCIA [cloud-DevOps-Junos-Design], Champions Ingenius, SSYB