Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  OSPF Reference bandwidth verification

Posted 03-16-2020 07:15

Hello community.

This is a quick-one, how can I see the configured OSPF reference bandwidth in Junos (except from config)? I am looking something similar to "show protocols" in Cisco IOS.

I already tried following but this info is not shown:
    show ospf overview extensive

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: OSPF Reference bandwidth verification
    Best Answer

Posted 03-16-2020 08:52

Hi,

For OSPF reference bw, I don't know any CLI command to check. For this parameter (And a lot of other global parameters), you have not option but to TRUST what has been configured on the router.

Even if we have some commands like "show ospf overview" which provides the reference bw. What additional value is it adding on top of the config? Fairely speaking, we are NOT expecting any difference between what has been configured and what is applied

We all know how to do the math here: cost = reference BW / BW 

You can do "show ospf interface extensive" and verify the cost on the link 

• 3.  RE: OSPF Reference bandwidth verification

Posted 03-16-2020 11:00

Hello JMiguelhp,

Juniper does not have an 'ospf' operational command that will tell you operationally the 'Reference bandwidth', basically you would need to check the configured value using "user@switch> show configuration ospf | display set | match reference" if there is anything configured that's the reference bandwidth, if not, the default value is 100mbps

[edit]
    user@host# set protocols ospf reference-bandwidth 10g

user@host> show configuration protocols ospf
    reference-bandwidth 10g;

By default, OSPF assigns a default cost metric of 1 to any link faster than 100 Mbps, and a default cost metric of 0 to the loopback interface (lo0). No bandwidth is associated with the loopback interface.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Benjamin