Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  SecGW on Juniper MX Platform ?? Possible?

Posted 09-17-2017 23:59

Hallo Community,

Has anyone ever seen such deployment where MX is used to Secure eNodeB's in a SP Network?

I understand, there's a dedicated solution with the SRX Platforms, but we have a scenario where customer may wish to have this SecGW at the edge most point of their IP-RAN, possibly on an MX. So that while all the backhaul has aggregated, they do the ipsec before going into the core.

Let me know if this is doable. Are there special MX cards that would allow this level and scale of ipsec connections? If Yes, Any caveats? apart from the very obvious resource sharing on the platform. 

I am keen to hear comments around latency , cps, max concurrent sessions etc. which are mostly addressed via the SRX5800 solution ..

Today, I hear both Nokia and Huawei have solutions where, they can insert a blade on their traditional IP/MPLS routers to do IPSEC for SecGW.

• 2.  RE: SecGW on Juniper MX Platform ?? Possible?
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: SecGW on Juniper MX Platform ?? Possible?

Posted 09-18-2017 03:54

@singhh wrote:

Maybe you are looking for this

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/solutions/information-products/pathway-pages/mobile-backhaul-mx-secgw-dg.pdf

Thank you Sir. This is quite useful for conceptualizing.