Routing

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Advertising route from ospf to ibgp

Posted 03-13-2019 08:31

Hello Folks,

i need to advertise specific routes learned from a customer who uses ospf, to my ibgp table. 

Whats the right way to do it ?

I already established the ospf neighborship and can see the route in inet.0.

But i need the routes learned at ospf to be in my L3.inet.0

• 2.  RE: Advertising route from ospf to ibgp

Posted 03-13-2019 08:50

Hi,

You can use simple policy to redistribute the route.

set policy-options policy-statement OSPF-BGP term 1 from protocol ospf route-filter 1.1.1.1/32 exact

set policy-options policy-statement OSPF-BGP term 1 then accept

set protocols bgp export OSPF-BGP

L3 is VRF or Virtual-router?

• 3.  RE: Advertising route from ospf to ibgp

Posted 03-14-2019 03:17

Thanks. L3 is a vrf

• 4.  RE: Advertising route from ospf to ibgp

Posted 03-14-2019 03:24

You can try below to leak the router from inet.0 to L3.inet.0

set routing-options rib-groups LEAK import-rib inet.0
    set routing-options rib-groups LEAK import-rib L3.inet.0
    set routing-options interface-routes rib-group LEAK
    set protocols ospf rib-group LEAK

• 5.  RE: Advertising route from ospf to ibgp

Posted 03-14-2019 06:11

You might want to add a policy to Mayar's solution, which I agree is the way to solve this, so that you don't leak ALL interfaces into your vrf.  

set routing-options rib-groups LEAK import-rib inet.0 
    set routing-options rib-groups LEAK import-rib L3.inet.0 

set routing-options rib-groups LEAK import-policy some-interfaces  ### I would add this
    set routing-options interface-routes rib-group LEAK
    set protocols ospf rib-group LEAK

set policy-options policy-statement some-interfaces term customer-interface from interface <your-customer-interface>

set policy-options policy-statement some-interfaces term customer-interface to rib L3.inet.0

set policy-options policy-statement some-interfaces term customer-interface then accept

set policy-options policy-statement some-interfaces term other-interfaces to rib L3.inet.0

set policy-options policy-statement some-interfaces term other-interfaces then reject

set policy-options policy-statement some-interfaces term to-inet0 to rib inet.0

set policy-options policy-statement some-interfaces term to-inet0 then accept

• 6.  RE: Advertising route from ospf to ibgp

Posted 03-28-2019 04:48

Thanks! Now i can see the routes learned from ospf at inet.0, at my L3.inet.0 table.

But, I also need to export the routes from my L3.inet.0 to my ospf neighbour. How do i export bgp routes from vrf.inet.0 to ospf ?

• 7.  RE: Advertising route from ospf to ibgp
    Best Answer

Posted 03-28-2019 08:37

You cannot because those BGP routes were learned as l3-vpn unicast routes and inet.0 accepts BGP famiy inet routes.  

What you can do is configure a static route in inet.0 for the BGP prefixes in the L3.inet.0, with next-table L3.inet.0 instead of a next-hop. 

For example, if you are receiving prefixes from the remote PE for the L3 VPN, for subnets of 172.16/16, you can create a static route that summarizes those routes, and points to table L3.inet.0, and then redistribute it into OSPF as shown:

set routing-options static route 172.16/16 next-table L3.inet.0

set policy-options policy-statement static2ospf term 1 from protocol static

set policy-options policy-statement static2ospf term 1 from route-filter 172.16.0.0/16 exact

set policy-options policy-statement static2ospf term 1 from condition remote-prefixes   ### so route is only advertised

set policy-options policy-statement static2ospf term 1 then accept                                     ### if the present in L3.inet.0

set policy-options condition remote-prefixes if-route-exists 172.16.2.1/32   

set policy-options condition remote-prefixes if-route-exists table L3.inet.0

set protocols ospf export static2ospf

BGP-OSPF-L3VPN.png

• 8.  RE: Advertising route from ospf to ibgp

Posted 03-13-2019 16:24

to send the routes from inet.0 to L3.inet.0 you will most likely need to use a rib group. 

check this document it may help:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/policy-duplicating-routes.html#jd0e270