Routing

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  SNMP monitoring of a FPC inline-services flow-table-size

Posted 04-06-2017 04:14

Hi All,

Not quite sure if this question should be posted under 'Management' instead but as it relates to an MX I am posting it here.

Please look at the following configuration snippet of an MX960 running 15.1F6, and the FPC is a 'MPC7E 3D MRATE' card:

fpc 1 {
          inline-services {
                flow-table-size {
                          ipv4-flow-table-size 15;
               }
          }

}

I have a need to monitor the flow-table-size of an FPC due to recent issues hitting a PR (that should now be resolved), whereby the flow-table-size would not propogate to the FPC and thus cause issues with flow monitoring.

I would like to monitor this value via SNMP but cannot locate any such type of MIB. Does anyone know of such a MIB?

• 2.  RE: SNMP monitoring of a FPC inline-services flow-table-size

Posted 04-06-2017 04:24

Also, if it helps, the data that we need to check is contained under the following FPC shell output:

FPC1(blah.blah vty)# show jnh 0 inline-services flow-table-info

• 3.  RE: SNMP monitoring of a FPC inline-services flow-table-size

Posted 04-09-2017 04:15

Searching the MIB explorer I don't see this parameter available.

https://apps.juniper.net/mib-explorer/search.jsp

But there is an overflow one that might be helpful.

alarmActiveOverflow

https://apps.juniper.net/mib-explorer/search.jsp#object=alarmActiveOverflow&product=Junos%20OS&release=15.1F6

• 4.  RE: SNMP monitoring of a FPC inline-services flow-table-size

Posted 04-10-2017 00:30

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response, and suggestion.

I did check through the MIB explorer -  very handy tool - and thought I found the answer in 'jnxmdiFlowTable' - under jnxServices. Unfortunately this relates to video so cannot be used for what I intend.

Anyway, I will give your suggestion a go and let you know if useful or not.

• 5.  RE: SNMP monitoring of a FPC inline-services flow-table-size
    Best Answer

Posted 04-11-2017 17:09

Another option is to find a cli method that can get the value for you to store in a custom created MIB value.  We have used this script set to pull data via the slax script and store as a custom MIB value.  Then that value can be read by your standard monitoring utility.  

I'm just not sure if you can access thos fpc level stats via a slax script to save it.  A support ticket with JTAC may be able to help you with that part.

https://github.com/Juniper/junoscriptorium/tree/master/library/juniper/op/snmp/snmp-example

• 6.  RE: SNMP monitoring of a FPC inline-services flow-table-size

Posted 04-12-2017 00:58

Hi Steve,

As we couldnt find a specific MIB we did indeed decide to go down the scripting route, parsing the information of

'show jnh 0 inline-services flow-table-info'.

Many thanks for the help and suggestions.