Routing

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  SRX-550 multi-site VPLS issue

Posted 11-02-2020 09:19

The issue I am having is the CE device will stop communicating within the VLAN unless the cable is replugged. 

I can do this elevated by manually bringing the port down and up or physically handling the cable. But this is not desired.

The network has 13 SRX-550 routers located within a 15 x 15 mile area. Each router is connected to 2 adjacent routers.

Sometimes, the devices connected to a router (CE) will stop communicating all together and a port toggle (PE) resolves this issue.

Am I missing something here? The network has been plagued with this issue for quite some time. But we have simply gone out to reset the devices. Sometimes, when time is not something I have. A simply "Request System Reboot" solves the problem. But this should not be happening.

• 2.  Re: SRX-550 multi-site VPLS issue

Posted 11-02-2020 20:49

Hello,

@RGradert wrote:

Sometimes, the devices connected to a router (CE) will stop communicating all together and a port toggle (PE) resolves this issue.

Am I missing something here? 

The symptoms You described are consistent with Ethernet AutoNegotiation (AN) going awry.

Please examine AN settings on all CE and PE devices and align them on both sides. You may need to experiment a bit.

HTH

Thx

Alex