Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Any one exprince IP CLOS Fabric with Spine Juniper but Leaf other non-juniper?

Posted 10-07-2020 02:57

Hi All,

Just want to know if anyone here has experience implementation IP CLOS Fabric when Spine is "Juniper" but Leaf is "Cisco or Arista". Is it compatible VXLAN between of them because Juniper really like use EVPN for VXLAN but others vendor not compulsory using EVPN.

Thanks and appreciate any input.

• 2.  Re: Any one exprince IP CLOS Fabric with Spine Juniper but Leaf other non-juniper?

Posted 10-15-2020 03:39

There is no compatibility issue between vendor as far as IP CLOS implementation is concerned. You can use Juniper as Spine and any other vendor as Leaf there should not be any problem. IP close is just L2 point to point connectivity between spine and leaf which is supported by all vendors.

For VXLAN implementation Juniper does support Manual VXLAN as well as VXLAN with EVPN as overlay. You can refer to the below doc for VXLAN implementation on Juniper.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/sdn-vxlan.html 

if you are using VXLAN I would suggest to use EVPN as overlay as it is supported on all vendor platforms who support vxlan.

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".
    If you think that my answer was helpful, please spend some Kudos.

• 3.  Re: Any one exprince IP CLOS Fabric with Spine Juniper but Leaf other non-juniper?

Posted 10-15-2020 07:12

Hi Amitrai,

Even i setup as CRB or ERB then leaf non-juniper no issue? Do u have experienced with setup Spine Juniper but Leaf other brand incase using EVPN to carry forward VXLAN?

Thanks and appreciate your feedback

• 4.  Re: Any one exprince IP CLOS Fabric with Spine Juniper but Leaf other non-juniper?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-15-2020 19:30

Hi Kronicklez,

I have seen setup like that working fine. in case you are planning for ERB then spine hardly has any role to play as it would just be paas through device doing L3 routing and does not have to be part of vxlan unless you decide to terminate the traffic going out of the network (internet) on spine itself instead of external security gateways.

in case of CRB it works fine as L3 gateway.

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".
    If you think that my answer was helpful, please spend some Kudos.

• 5.  Re: Any one exprince IP CLOS Fabric with Spine Juniper but Leaf other non-juniper?

Posted 10-20-2020 04:09

Hi Amitrai,

Do u have any url or blog that have show sample config Spine and Leaf with different brands. If have and appreciate u can share it so i can test it on virtual environment.

Thanks