Routing

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Set a specific precedence value to a list of Prefixes associated to a specific as-path-group

Posted 11-04-2020 04:08

Hi all,

I would have liked to know please how such configuration could be performed on PTX running Junos:

For a given as-path-group, i want to apply a specific precedence value to the prefixes associated to it.

Thanks for your help,

Jeyriku

• 2.  Re: Set a specific precedence value to a list of Prefixes associated to a specific as-path-group

Posted 11-04-2020 04:40

Hello,

Is that IP Precedence, BGP Local Preference, or Preference (Cisco equivalent==Admin Distance) You want to apply to these prefixes?

There is no "Precedence" is JUNOS as such.

HTH

Thx

Alex

• 3.  Re: Set a specific precedence value to a list of Prefixes associated to a specific as-path-group

Posted 11-04-2020 23:55

Hi Alex,

And thanks for answering 😉

I was talking about IP precedence.

Thanks again,

• 4.  Re: Set a specific precedence value to a list of Prefixes associated to a specific as-path-group
    Best Answer

Posted 11-05-2020 00:08

Hello,

If You want to mark IP packets destined to BGP prefixes that fall into specific AS_PATH group, then You need to use Juniper feature called "Destination Class Usage"/DCU.

If You want to mark IP packets sourced from BGP prefixes that fall into specific AS_PATH group, then You need to use Juniper feature called "Source Class Usage"/SCU

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/source-class-usage-options-junos-nm.html

Then You can match the SCU or DCU value in a forwarding-table output FW filter, and assign DSCP or Forwarding Class/FC, or both. If You assign just FC, then You should also have class-of-service rewrite rule for this FC configured. 

HTH

Thx

Alex

P.S. The equivalent CSCO feature is called QPPB 

• 5.  Re: Set a specific precedence value to a list of Prefixes associated to a specific as-path-group

Posted 11-05-2020 02:03

Many thanks Alex !