Routing

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  OSPF import Policy not working

Posted 10-16-2020 02:29

i am in the process of preparing my JNCIA certification so i decided to create few labs to practice all topics.

in this lab im trying to test a route policy that should not import an external OSPF route, the external route is injected by a CISCO IOS router coming from EIGRP:

access-list 1 permit 99.99.99.99 0.0.0.0

route-map EIGRP 10

match ip address 1

set metric 50 

set metric-type type-2 

router ospf 10

redistribute eigrp 10 subnets route-map  EIGRP

LAB.PNG

when i run show ospf database external on VMX routers i can still see the external route as  shown here even though i have a policy that should be blocing this external route:

EXT 1.PNG

i can still see this injected external router on other VMX router's RIB . so what am i doing wrong here ?

• 2.  Re: OSPF import Policy not working
    Best Answer

Posted 10-16-2020 02:55

Hello,

Check this:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/ospf-routing-policy.html

The important part is:

OSPF import policy allows you to prevent external routes from being added to the routing tables of OSPF neighbors. The import policy does not impact the OSPF database. This means that the import policy has no impact on the link-state advertisements. The filtering is done only on external routes in OSPF. The intra-area and interarea routes are not considered for filtering. The default action is to accept the route when the route does not match the policy.

Your example is showing Ospf DB - so this is correct - you need to check the RIB (show route) to ensure it's working properly

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
    Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !

• 3.  Re: OSPF import Policy not working

Posted 10-16-2020 02:59

thanks for the clarification, indeed the route does no longer exist in the local RIB.