Contrail

View Only
last person joined: 13 days ago 

Get answers on the Contrail portfolio and share your expertise.
  • 1.  Confusion regarding Contrail command

Posted 01-08-2020 22:29

Hi

I was going through the documentation of Contrail 5.0.1 and found that a new user interface is introduced in it which is called "Contrail Command".

I am kinda confuse and have some questions regarding this new UI. Following are the questions:

- AFAIK there was already a GUI provided by conrail in previous version which was called Contrail web UI then why this new UI is introduced ?

- Has this Contrail command UI replaced Contrail web UI or will they co exist with each other?

- If they will co exist then will contrail command provide any new functionalities or will it take over some functionalities of Web UI?

- I also want to know exactly what set features will be provide by contrail command.

I am sorry if asked too many questions but I am really very confused that's why I asked so many questions.

It will be great help if someone can give answers to these questions as I am not able to find clear answers to my questions in documentation.

#JuniperContrail
    #ContrailCommand
    #ContrailWebUI

• 2.  RE: Confusion regarding Contrail command

Posted 01-08-2020 23:33

Contrail Command is very intuitive and wizard-based user interface. Command supports many automated work flows like deploying contrail clusters, on-boarding data centre IP fabric and many others which is not possible in Legacy Contrail UI.

Most of the workflows have been migrated from the legacy UI to command. Legacy UI is still available as well.

• 3.  RE: Confusion regarding Contrail command

Posted 01-09-2020 00:57

Dear Apaul

Thanks alot for your answer

As you said following:

>Most of the workflows have been migrated from the legacy UI to command. Legacy UI is still available as well.

Does that mean if I upgrade from Contrail 4.x version to Contrail 5.0.1  then I will be able to use all the old legacy features through Old legacy UI only  ? Or I have to install and use Contrail Command UI for any "old feature" ?

Will I see any degrade in functionality if i don't use Contrail Command UI on upgrading to Contrail 5.0.1?

• 4.  RE: Confusion regarding Contrail command
    Best Answer

Posted 01-09-2020 01:43

Legacy UI is available in 5.0.1, with that all workflows in legacy UI as well.

• 5.  RE: Confusion regarding Contrail command

Posted 01-09-2020 02:36

Thank you Ashish for your answers.

Now I can easily conclude from your answer that Contrail Command is just an optional component of Contrail and old users can still upgrade to Contrail 5.0.1 without installing contrail command.

• 6.  RE: Confusion regarding Contrail command

Posted 01-09-2020 19:50

I encourage you to talk to the Juniper field teams for finalizing upgrade details.

• 7.  RE: Confusion regarding Contrail command

Posted 01-27-2020 21:27

Hi Ashish,

I have a question.

I have heard that in Contrail R19xx  we cannot configure leaf switches/ dc gateway switches through old GUI and we need to use contrail command for the same, is that true ? 

• 8.  RE: Confusion regarding Contrail command

Posted 02-04-2020 20:44

vinayaksharma082

Thats correct, all new features will only be available on command and not in Legacy UI.