Switching

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.

Configure aggregated interface. Do you using ether-option or gigether-option?

• 1.  Configure aggregated interface. Do you using ether-option or gigether-option?

Posted 10-27-2021 09:32
    Hi, I would like to ask about configuring an ae interface. I did make up for a single ae interface to make it went up. But another case of building an ae interface, there is another one might also a way to configure an ae interface. I would show an article page as follow.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/interfaces-ethernet-switches/topics/topic-map/switches-interface-aggregated.html

As they are shown. They have two options to make up an ae interface. The first is using ether-options, and the second is using gigether-options. It seems made as following lines.

set interfaces ge-0/0/0 ether-options 802.3ad ae0
    set interfaces ge-0/0/1 ether-options 802.3ad ae0​

or applicable as follow

set interfaces ge-0/0/0 gigether-options 802.3ad ae0
    set interfaces ge-0/0/1 gigether-options 802.3ad ae0​

I made an experience. Let just say we have two switches of EX2300. I would like to build a single ae interface, and connect to another switch with the same ae interface. But at one, I use ether-options, and another one is using gigether-options. Then it fails to make the ae interface up. I would sum it if it is incompatible. Then finally I pick on ether-options. I just didn't realize that most of the article given is using gigether-options instead of ether-options to do. What exactly the difference on them?

Thank you.