Switching

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.

Configure aggregated interface. Do you using ether-option or gigether-option?

• 1.  Configure aggregated interface. Do you using ether-option or gigether-option?

Posted 10-27-2021 09:32
    Hi, I would like to ask about configuring an ae interface. I did make up for a single ae interface to make it went up. But another case of building an ae interface, there is another one might also a way to configure an ae interface. I would show an article page as follow.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/interfaces-ethernet-switches/topics/topic-map/switches-interface-aggregated.html

As they are shown. They have two options to make up an ae interface. The first is using ether-options, and the second is using gigether-options. It seems made as following lines.

set interfaces ge-0/0/0 ether-options 802.3ad ae0
    set interfaces ge-0/0/1 ether-options 802.3ad ae0​

or applicable as follow

set interfaces ge-0/0/0 gigether-options 802.3ad ae0
    set interfaces ge-0/0/1 gigether-options 802.3ad ae0​

I made an experience. Let just say we have two switches of EX2300. I would like to build a single ae interface, and connect to another switch with the same ae interface. But at one, I use ether-options, and another one is using gigether-options. Then it fails to make the ae interface up. I would sum it if it is incompatible. Then finally I pick on ether-options. I just didn't realize that most of the article given is using gigether-options instead of ether-options to do. What exactly the difference on them?

Thank you.