Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  limit 10 gbps receive to use 1 gbps

Posted 06-18-2021 09:52
    Hi,

I have 2 questions i cant find answers to and I hope you can help me.

1. While udgrading srx4100 due to software eroors, i need to use a 1 gbps srx-320 meanwhile.
    Our ISP gives us 10 gbps. Is it possible to linit the srx320 to accept receiving 10 gbps and send 1 gbps one the to the network?

2. As mentioned the srx4100 gives error, failures to power-off due to restart-check fails with missing .iso files.
    It still runs fine but i guess it's just until it boots or looses power (it's on a ups)
    Do any off you know i can go ahead with the upgrade as it validates the install before executing or?

Thank you for your time

Carsten

• 2.  RE: limit 10 gbps receive to use 1 gbps

Posted 06-19-2021 07:18
    The SRX320 only has 1G ports so it will not be possible to connect it to a 10G line.  You would need some type of media convertor/switch that can take both 1G and 10G to make the transition.

To discuss the best approach to fix the ex switch we would need to know what errors you are seeing on the device.  Software corruption or related problems can be fixed by full format installs.  But if the errors are hardware related a replacement might be necessary.

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------