Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Understanding MVRP

Posted 03-25-2021 21:38
    Edited by RYAN FISHER 03-25-2021 21:47
    ​Ok, I'm new to Juniper, and am working on configuring some new switches for a new network.  I've worked with Cisco so I'm familiar with how they do things, so I just need to get my bearings on how Juniper does things.

Right now I'm trying to figure out MVRP.  As others have mentioned, people are looking for the VTP equivalent on Juniper which is MVRP.  However I'm having a hard time grasping this concept, probably mostly because I'm trying to equate it to VTP.  So, I need someone to explain to me like I'm five to concepts of MVRP and how to make it work the way I want to.

I have two QFX5120 switches in a VC that are to act as the core switch.  On that, I have created a handful of vlans and assigned them layer 3 interfaces so the can be the core router for the vlan.

------------------------------
    RYAN FISHER
    ------------------------------​​​

• 2.  RE: Understanding MVRP

Posted 03-25-2021 21:49
    ​Sorry, for whatever reason this isn't posting my whole post.  I'll try to create a new one.

RYAN FISHER