Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  SPAN port requirements

Posted 04-16-2021 04:23
    Hello Community,
    major TLC provider is asking if EX switches have this SPAN port configuration available:
    1. all traffic from single source port to be copied to multiple destination (analyzer) ports
    2. all traffic from multiple source ports to be copied to single destination (analyzer) port
      1. part of traffic from same multiple source ports, based on VLAN ID,  to be copied to different multiple  destination (analyzer) ports
      2. part of traffic from same multiple source ports, based on  range of VLAN IDs,  to be copied to a different destination (analyzer) port 
      3. part of traffic from same multiple source ports, based on  source IP addresses,  to be copied to a different destination (analyzer) port
    I read this document

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/network-mgmt/topics/topic-map/port-mirroring-and-analyzers.html#id-understanding-port-mirroring-on-ex2200-ex3200-ex3300-ex4200-ex4500-ex4550-ex6200-and-ex8200
    but I'm not sure if EX switches are fully compliant with all those requirements.
    Does anyone have a deeper knowledge on that?
    Thanks a million in advance, and stay safe!
    Best Regards
    Massimiliano

------------------------------
    Massimiliano Galizia

• 2.  RE: SPAN port requirements

Posted 04-16-2021 07:11
    With such detailed and extensive requirements  I would suggest you try to arrange a loan from the the Juniper demo pool of the models they are considering.  These should be easy to get for a few weeks so they can kick the tires and confirm the fit for their very specific needs.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home