Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Creating a MOTD Banner

Posted 12-27-2021 09:47
      |   view attached
    I am trying to migrate a banner from Cisco to JunOS, but I am not able to convert it correctly.
    Please check the attachment to see how the banner should look like in JunOS.

If someone can help me, follow below the text that I would like to use.

* THIS DEVICE IS MONITORED!!! *
    * This device is managed by CORP *
    * ** Access to this device is PROHIBITED unless AUTHORIZED ** *
    * If you are not authorized please disconnect IMMEDIATELY. *
    * Any attempt for unauthorized access is being logged and appropriate *
    * legal action will be taken. *

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Thiago Morais

• 2.  RE: Creating a MOTD Banner

Posted 12-28-2021 10:19
    set system login announcement "*************************************************************************\n* *\n* THIS DEVICE IS MONITORED!!! *\n* *\n* This device is managed by CORP *\n* *\n* ** Access to this device is PROHIBITED unless AUTHORIZED ** *\n* If you are not authorized please disconnect IMMEDIATELY. *\n* *\n* Any attempt for unauthorized access is being logged and appropriate *\n* legal action will be taken. *\n* *\n* *\n*************************************************************************\n"
    Edit: It looks like Juniper’s community forum software strips multiple spaces, even within code blocks (that’s really bad). You’ll need to adjust the above by re-adding the appropriate number of spaces  between  asterisks.

• 3.  RE: Creating a MOTD Banner

Posted 12-28-2021 11:28
    Try this 

set system login message "\n\n\n\tTHIS DEVICE IS MONITORED!!! This device is managed by CORP  **Access to this device is PROHIBITED unless AUTHORIZED ** If you are not authorized please disconnect IMMEDIATELY.  Any attempt for unauthorized access is being logged and appropriate  legal action will be taken. \n\n\n"

ANKUR