Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Ex2200 ex2200, basics features knowledge

Posted 01-29-2021 07:24
    I have some simple questions.

I own srx series gateways. I'm looking for some basic features that are in the srx, but that are also in the ex switches. I need answers to be for the ex model number and preferably lower junos versions. All junos versions are welcome but I'm trying to be specific so I can easily find a couple switches to use. The easier to find the better. I'm considering ex2200, and ex2300.

1. I need to be able to enter the domain-name. This is the command name in srx series. It is the domain the router/switch belongs to. Need lowest junos version on this.

2. I need to use static-host-mapping, which is also an srx series command. I need lowest or low junos versions.

3. I saw that SSH is a standard part of the junos, so I thought. Can anyone confirm? I realize that junos version here is probably arbitrary but go ahead and talk if needed.

4. If I cant use static-host-mapping I'll use the hosts file, through SSH, but I need an address-book, or a way to enter dns names. Does this feature exist in ex switches? Its address-book in srx series, under security.

That's my wish list, please help.

------------------------------
    Adrian Aguinaga
    B.S.C.M. I.T.T. Tech
    (Construction Management)
    A.A.S. I.T.T. Tech
    (Drafting & Design)

• 2.  RE: Ex2200 ex2200, basics features knowledge

Posted 01-29-2021 09:23
    https://apps.juniper.net/feature-explorer/

Regards, 

• 3.  RE: Ex2200 ex2200, basics features knowledge

Posted 01-29-2021 17:00
    I have looked at the feature explorer and I think there are still unanswered questions. It would be great if anybody could address these questions. I am not familiar with  ex switches. I'm hoping a simple yes or no might even get me what I need.

But to match the above criteria is needed.

Adrian Aguinaga
    B.S.C.M. I.T.T. Tech
    A.A.S. I.T.T. Tech
    (Drafting & Design)

• 4.  RE: Ex2200 ex2200, basics features knowledge

Posted 01-30-2021 05:27
    All three features
    • system domain-name
    • system services ssh
    • system static-host-mapping
    Are on both ex2200 and ex2300, just to be sure I confirmed on my lab devices.   They are common system features going back a long way in Junos not sure what year they were released.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 5.  RE: Ex2200 ex2200, basics features knowledge

Posted 01-30-2021 09:42
    Awesome, thanks again.

Kudos!!!!

Adrian Aguinaga
    B.S.C.M. I.T.T. Tech
    A.A.S. I.T.T. Tech
    (Drafting & Design)