Switching

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  QFX5100, local QinQ (including a known vlan into another vlan locally)

Posted 01-26-2022 05:34
    Hi!

I need some help, including a VLAN into another VLAN, which both are known in "edit vlans" (short: add c-vlan into s-vlan).
    Currently I have a Q-in-Q-VLAN (ID 40, Q-in-Q handled outside) and a workstation VLAN (ID 120).

As the switch only reads the outer tag, switching / tagging works perfectly fine. Ports tagged with ID 40 receive and send Q-in-Q frames, while ports with ID 120 also work fine.

Now I have the requirement to include ID 120 into ID 40. I know how to do this for physical links but is it possible to do this locally?
    Some kind of "virtual cable" to assign Q-in-Q logic on top of a local VLAN?

If I would add a cable physically, it would work but I'm sure this can be configured virtually (which would also not limit the performance to link speed).

I was unable to compile a solution from the docs for QFX5100 / ELS (20.2R2-S2.6).

Help is gladly accepted! Thank you!

• 2.  RE: QFX5100, local QinQ (including a known vlan into another vlan locally)

Posted 03-26-2022 12:03
    Can anyone help me with this problem?

ATM the only solution I see could work, is a loop between two ports and setting one side as the QinQ input (add S-VLAN tag) and tag other networks on the "normal" port.