Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
Expand all | Collapse all

unable to ping the RVI for a vlan configured in EX4200 switch from the same vlan created in Ex4300 switch

• 1.  unable to ping the RVI for a vlan configured in EX4200 switch from the same vlan created in Ex4300 switch

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 08-24-2021 11:34
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Hi guys,

I have an existing EX4200 Switch where we have a few vlans we want to extend to our newly added EX4300 switch, there is a LAG interface in place and i have allowed the vlans 12,31 etc. on both side of the LAG. But i am unable ping the RVI in the EX4200 SW which is running legacy Junos hence has a vlan.12 interface  with the RVI IP address  there. The Ex4300 is an ELS switch so i have created the vlan 12 here but i did not create and irb interface or a L3-interface binding because i just want to use the same vlan.12 IP from the other switch and have devices from the new switch to be able to reach that network on the shared vlan. any advice to resolve this issue will be very helpful! thanks.

• 2.  RE: unable to ping the RVI for a vlan configured in EX4200 switch from the same vlan created in Ex4300 switch

Posted 08-26-2021 05:42
    The single RVI will be all that is needed.

To troubleshoot this you will need to verify the vlan configuration point by point starting with the access interface facing the client and over to the other switch RVI.  Making sure each point is fully configured as a member of the vlan.

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------