Switching

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Trying to route between two EX4550 switches

Posted 11-01-2021 05:44

I have two EX4550 switches.  They are not in a stack and I don't have the hardware to create a stack. Each of the switches has it's own VLAN for managing the 10 GiBe connections. The connections on the switches are going back to two  Pure Flash Arrays.  The arrays are configured with half their ports going to one EX4550 and the rest of them to the other.  What I need to have happen is that  all ports on  both arrays need to see  each other via IP regardless of which EX4550 switch they are physically connected to. 

My answer to this was to physically connect a 10 GiBe cable between the two switches.  I have all of the ports going to the Pure array in one VLAN and the port connected to the other switch in a separate one.   I have created a route in each switch pointing to the other Switch's IP range with the next hop being the IP of the uplink VLAN I created.  However, it's not working and when I do a traceroute it's attempting to go out the default route. and not the route I set up for the destination IP range. I have read this article: https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB10972 and it seemed that the only step I was missing was to create the L3-interface which I have done.   But when I do a traceroute it still attempts to go out the default route which is the management interface to our main LAN.  Assuming that what I am trying to do is even possible, what am I missing?

thanx...

------------------------------
    JON YIESLA

• 2.  RE: Trying to route between two EX4550 switches

Posted 11-02-2021 08:12
    never mind. I figured it out.  I basically just abandoned the routing thing and created the same VLAN on each switch and with the cable plugged into the 10 GiBe port on each side I can now ping everywhere just fine.

JON YIESLA