Switching

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  phy layer link status mismatch appeared on log message.

Posted 10-27-2021 09:32
    Hi, I would like to ask an error occurred that being caught on the log message.
    Sep 28 14:00:01  xxxxxxxxxx fpc1 DCBCM [ge-1/1/0]: phy layer link status [2nd try mismatch] is TRUE
    Sep 28 14:00:01  xxxxxxxxxx fpc1 DCBCM [ge-1/1/2]: phy layer link status [2nd try mismatch] is FALSE​

The device I used is EX4600.  Can you tell me what caused of those messages appeared? Thanks.

• 2.  RE: phy layer link status mismatch appeared on log message.
    Best Answer

Posted 10-27-2021 13:41
    Hi,

This is a debug message for SFP-T added from 18.3R1 and later releases. These are harmless.

You can change logging level to anything higher than debug to avoid seeing the message.

• 3.  RE: phy layer link status mismatch appeared on log message.

Posted 27 days ago
    Thanks.  They confirmed that the interfaces are still able to used as well.  But they need to make the log disappear. How to change the logging level?

• 4.  RE: phy layer link status mismatch appeared on log message.

Posted 27 days ago
    Try below command:

set system syslog file messages any notice

If you still see the logs, follow below KB to filter them:

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB9382