Switching

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  802.1x EX3300

Posted 12-01-2021 05:46

Hello experts,

we need to enable 802.1x authentication on ex3300 switches, of which we have a lot. The switches have the recommended version Junos 12.3R12-S15 We use a configuration with supplicant multiple and mac radius. see part of configuration:
    vitsol@sw-B6# show protocols dot1x
    authenticator {
            authentication-profile-name PacketFence
             interface {
                     ge-0/0/0.0 {
                              supplicant multiple;
                              mac-radius;
                    }
           }
    }

Pepa
    I had to turn off VSTP for authentication to work , when I used VSTP, the users the switch was continuously sending requests to RADIUS server and the switch didn´t accespt RADIUS answer. When I switch off VSTP the authentication worked properly 3 months and now switch cannot authenticate printers. I get error message:

Nov 30 07:51:26.543756 queried vid:12

Nov 30 07:51:26.543800 CreateSession: MAX mem usage limit for sessions exceeded. Skipping Auth For MAC: -.

It seems that some buffer is full. Does somebody know where is problem?