Switching

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

All switch port of EX4300 going down suddenly

• 1.  All switch port of EX4300 going down suddenly

Posted 07-29-2021 07:22
    I have EX4300 switch chassis with 2 member.  All ports of one members are going down suddenly and i am gettin below logs-

fpc1 [EX4300 PIC] ex_bcm_pic_ifdconfig: ifd - ge-1/0/18, OLD CFG spd = spd

Could somebody suggest how to resolve this?

------------------------------
    RIM NETWORK
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: All switch port of EX4300 going down suddenly

Posted 07-29-2021 09:23
    This almost looks like a power issue .
    The log normally is just showing the interface is going through auto negotiation phase.

show chassis routing-engine  and look for Last reboot reason
    show system uptime

If you do not already have it set on your switch  ports , add traps to log link state up/down for when devices
    attach to the switch you will get  a log.
    wildcard range set ge-1/0/[0-47] traps

you can run an rsi too on that memeber and see if anything jumps out at you.
    request support information member 1| save /var/log/rsi-member1.log

Look in your logs for anything  virtual chassis related .    show log messages | match vccpd

• 3.  RE: All switch port of EX4300 going down suddenly

Posted 07-30-2021 05:35
    The log line is incomplete I think. Can you please post more, and complete, log lines?
    If all ports on one VC member stops working, it's a switch or VC problem. If only the 1 G ports stop working (and the 10 G and 40 G ports still work), it's a PIC problem in that FPC. Check for alarms (show system alarm  and show chassis alarm).