Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  MC-LAG on QFX

Posted 10-19-2021 12:28
    Good Day,

Can MC-LAG be configured across more than 2 switches for example MC-LAG across 4 members  in a LAG and should this be possible is it recommended and against any best practice.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: MC-LAG on QFX

Posted 10-28-2021 11:03
    Its just two. Always.
    https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/mc-lag/topics/concept/mc-lag-feature-summary-best-practices.html
    Multichassis link aggregation groups (MC-LAGs) enable a client device to form a logical LAG interface between two MC-LAG peers. An MC-LAG provides redundancy and load balancing between the two MC-LAG peers, multihoming support, and a loop-free Layer 2 network without running STP.​

• 3.  RE: MC-LAG on QFX

Posted 10-28-2021 14:31
    Good Day,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes i agree when you read it in that context you can make that assumption, however i am looking for official information that precisely says no only two member possible for MC-LAG. We have a customer demanding they want a 4 member MC-LAG and we need irrefutable evidence that says it can not be done and also we don't want to go that route.

You read further down on the link you provided i am getting some contradicting information as per below.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/mc-lag/topics/topic-map/mc-lag-feature-additional-concepts.html

Creating Conditional Groups for Certain Devices

You can create conditional groups to specify when a particular configuration should be applied to a device. If you want to apply the global configuration to all devices in a four-device configuration, for example, enable the when peers [<name of local peer> <name of remote peer> <name of remote peer> <name of remote peer>] statement at the [edit groups] hierarchy level. If, for example, you want to apply the global configuration (Group C) to the local and remote devices (Switch A, Switch B, Switch C, and Switch D), you could issue the set groups Group C when peers [Switch A Switch B Switch C Switch D] command.