Switching

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Juniper command that will list current mac-limit for particular port

Posted 09-06-2021 12:04

I manage several Juniper EX3400 switches.

When I need to connect a new computer to the Ethernet port or when I plug in an unmanaged switch into the network jack in the wall so that I can connect more than one computer using the Ethernet port to the switch I will type in the following two commands within the Juniper switch's command-line interface (Junos OS CLI).

The first command deletes the number of MAC addresses that are recognized by that particular switch port (in this case 1).

The second command increases the number of MAC addresses that are allowed to be recognized by that particular switch port (in this case 2).

However, sometimes the number of MAC addresses that are allowed to be plugged into the network port is set to an unknown value (for example 5 or 8).

I never know what this value is set to so I will have to type in the first command listed below to Delete the number of allowed MAC addresses. When this command errors out I will then increase the number following the mac-limit value by one until I finally find the correct numerical value & the command completes successfully.

So I'm hoping to find out what the exact command is that I can type into the Juniper switch command interface that will tell me exactly how many MAC addresses are currently allowed to be plugged into the switch port.

This will allow me to type in the correct numerical value for the first command that deletes the mac-limit value.

What is the correct syntax for this command?

Delete ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port interface ge-3/0/12.0 mac-limit 1
    Set ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port interface ge-3/0/12.0 mac-limit 2

------------------------------
    DENNIS STROBLE

• 2.  RE: Juniper command that will list current mac-limit for particular port

Posted 09-06-2021 12:29
    Hi @DENNIS STROBLE . This Ask the Expert community is moderated only during live Ask the Expert events. I recommend you copy & paste this question into the relevant community, where someone will help you! Thanks for posting.
    Ellen​​

Ellen MacDermid
    Communications

• 3.  RE: Juniper command that will list current mac-limit for particular port

Posted 09-06-2021 12:29
    Hi Dennis,
    I don't have an EX to try but how about:
    show ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port interface ge-3/0/12.0 mac-limit
    or just do:
    delete ethernet-switching-options secure-access-port interface ge-3/0/12.0 mac-limit
    Regards
    Ulf

• 4.  RE: Juniper command that will list current mac-limit for particular port

Posted 09-07-2021 09:46
    Hi Dennis ,

Good day !
    You can use the below command to check the mac limit on a interface 

show ethernet-switching interface

Example :
    Logical Vlan TAG MAC MAC+IP STP Logical Tagging
    interface members limit limit state interface flags
    xe-0/0/0.0 294912 8192 untagged
    test 100 294912 1024 Forwarding untagged

-Sharanya

• 5.  RE: Juniper command that will list current mac-limit for particular port

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Hello,

you can use " show ethernet-switching statistics ".

• 6.  RE: Juniper command that will list current mac-limit for particular port

Hello,

You can use " show ethernet-switching statistics ".

CHINGIZ MAMMADOV