Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  VLAN Swap on Access Switch port - Best way to test it is working?

Posted 03-02-2020 21:50

Hi Everyone, 

If I set up VLAN Translation (swap) on a Access Switch EX4200 port, how would it be the best way to test that it is working correctly, i.e swapping the VLAN? I would be using the following config on the EX4200 access port:

root@access> show configuration vlans
    vlan-100 {
       vlan-id 100;
       interface {
          ge-0/0/0.0 {
             mapping {
                10 {
                   swap;

Since VLAN Swap can only be set up on a Access port, can I connect another switch (e.g EX2200) into that port and have it act as a "Customer Device" with VLAN-10 for example and then have the swap to VLAN-100 occur on the EX4200

Any help appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: VLAN Swap on Access Switch port - Best way to test it is working?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-03-2020 00:02
    Greetings,

I would recomend you to follow this KB:
    https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB16755&actp=METADATA

You can test this configuration by using ICMP

Also check this links for more guidance:https://forums.juniper.net/t5/Ethernet-Switching/VLAN-REWRITE-Translation-on-EX-Series/m-p/265687#M11528

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution" so we can help others too \Smiley Happy/

Regards,
    Lil Dexx
    JNCIE-ENT#863, 3X JNCIP-[SP-ENT-DC], 4X JNCIA [cloud-DevOps-Junos-Design], Champions Ingenius, SSYB

• 3.  RE: VLAN Swap on Access Switch port - Best way to test it is working?

Posted 03-03-2020 11:47
    Thank you Lil DexX for the reply I will try this out over the next few days and let you know how I go.

Kind regards