Switching

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  phone-home

Posted 09-25-2019 05:11

Hi all,

I couldn't find associated KB relating to the following persisting log messages on ex? Any ideas?

phone-home: PHCD_TRACE: [SM] phcd_act_init_phs_session: Failed to connect to configured PHS
     phone-home: PHCD_TRACE: [SM] phcd_contact_phs: curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn't resolve host name
     phone-home: PHCD_CULR_EASY_PERFORM_ERR: curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn't resolve host name
     phone-home: PHCD_TRACE: [SM] phcd_act_init_phs_session: Failed to connect to configured PHS

help syslog PHCD_CULR_EASY_PERFORM_ERR:

{master:0}
    ex> help syslog PHCD_CULR_EASY_PERFORM_ERR
    Name:          PHCD_CULR_EASY_PERFORM_ERR
    Help:          curl easy perform failed
    Description:   Phone home client is unable to connect to Phone Home Server/Redirect Server.
    Type:          Error: An error occurred
    Severity:      error
    Facility:      LOG_DAEMON

thx

A.

• 2.  RE: phone-home

Posted 09-25-2019 13:54

I am going to guess you have something under autoinstallation configured.  See:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/autoinstallation-edit-system-security.html

I think if deactivate autoinstalltion or deactivate or remove the default configuration-servers URL of https://redirect.juniper.net

that these informational only log messages will stop.

Or so I hope so!

• 3.  RE: phone-home

Posted 09-25-2019 23:46

Hi Arix,

Please check if you have following configuration statements in your current running/active configuration on the device. 

set system phone-home server https://redirect.juniper.net
    set system phone-home rfc-compliant

The logs pointed out are generated by the phone-home client. 

These configurations are required for zero touch provisioning the device durig initial deployment. If your device is already running the necessary configurations and you no more need any auto provisioning, then you can delete the above two configuration statements.

• 4.  RE: phone-home

Posted 09-26-2019 04:37

Hi

Thanks for reply....There is no related configuration unfortunately....

• 5.  RE: phone-home

Posted 09-26-2019 05:19

Hi Arix,

Can you please provide the configuration from the device under "system" heirarchy. 

• 6.  RE: phone-home

Posted 09-27-2019 05:13

Hi 

Thanks for reply....

I've double checked the configuration under the system stanza, there is no any thing relating to the phone-home features...

• 7.  RE: phone-home

Posted 11-30-2021 10:24
    hi,

I am having the same issues, i cant remove that from the config.

------------------------------
    AARON RODRIGUEZ
    ------------------------------