Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Recover EX2200

Posted 06-29-2011 09:09

I have an EX2200 that has previously been configured but of course no documentation was done.  I've tried the default 192.168.1.1 but apparently it was changed.

With no knowledge of the IP assigned to the device or what the root information is, can it be reset to Factory Defaults (which would let me run EZSetup - or even just connect to it - and put it on the new network)?

#ex2200

• 2.  RE: Recover EX2200
    Best Answer

Posted 06-29-2011 11:28

If you have console access to it you can do a password reset on the root user and then just login to see what the current configuration is. You boot up the box and break the  boot up sequence when it says <enter space bar for command prompt>

type boot -s then type recovery once it goes into single user mode. From there you go in the config and reset the root user password.

% cli

user@host> config

user@host# set system root-authenciation plain-text-password

Commit - reboot and you are good.

I am sure you can do a factory default also - but don't do enough with EX2200's to remember off the top of my head (unlike resetting passwords 🙂  

• 3.  RE: Recover EX2200

Posted 06-30-2011 07:39

Thanks Kevin.  That should give me what I need.

• 4.  RE: Recover EX2200

Posted 07-03-2011 19:49

You can do

%cli

>configure

[edit]
    user@switch# load factory default

[edit]
    user@switch# commit

I thinks that's how to reset back to default.