Switching

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  ex4550 error " Error: VRF 6 in egress ACL "

Posted 06-03-2019 01:41

im getting this odd error message when adding a new forwarding RI. i already have an existing RI confirmed almost identical besides the next-hop ip of course.

There is no VRF 6 configured there is only RIBS are inet.0 and my other RI thats working

The error is reccuring but it doesnt appear to be having any impact but im not risking it and have rolled back.

Cant find anything online for this? anyone have any ideas?

• 2.  RE: ex4550 error " Error: VRF 6 in egress ACL "

Posted 06-03-2019 01:50

Hi,

These messages are harmless as the following PR:

https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR964629

These are harmless messages, can be safety ignored.
    The "error" messages are thrown out when a new routing instance is added.

• 3.  RE: ex4550 error " Error: VRF 6 in egress ACL "

Posted 06-03-2019 02:05

thank you i thought it might be something like that.

That PR isnt working for me though

It appears you are searching for a PR which is not available. It could be that the PR number is not valid, or that it refers to a PR which has no externally available content. If you have questions on a particular PR which is not providing results, please contact JTAC. You can try another PR id at

• 4.  RE: ex4550 error " Error: VRF 6 in egress ACL "
    Best Answer

Posted 06-03-2019 02:14

Yes, I see the same error. Its pretty old PR and looks like its content is not viewable.

But i can view it through my internal channel/Access. Anyways, i've already shared it's public view content.

There are some more details:

When a new routing instance is added, software will check if there are filters  with VRF action need to be updated after the routing instance is added.  This check will go through all the filters but will ignore egress filter since the filter-based forwarding is supported only via ingress filter.  The "error" messages are thrown when the egress filters are ignored.

You can safely ingore them.BTW, whats the JUNOS version you're on? i assume you're on a older JUNOS version?