Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  EX4500

Posted 03-21-2019 16:09

I need help. I am new in Juniper environment. In the basement, I have a stack of 5 Junipers stackup, the master is EX4500 and other 4 are EX4200 and they are interconnecting to 3rd floor (stack up of another 4 chassis of EX4200) and 4th floor (same as 3rd) via fibre.  I just created a vlan on the master switchin the basement but the interconnected switch on the 3rd and 4th floor cannot see it.  What should I do?  Do I have to recreate the same vlan on the 3rd and 4th floor closet chassis?

thanks ,

• 2.  RE: EX4500

Posted 03-21-2019 17:29

A few questions to understand the exact topology.

Can you confirm that the layer 3 interface for the new vlan is up on the basement VC using 

show interfaces terse

If not, we start with checking this vlan setup

And confirm that the layer 3 interface for the other vlans are also on this same VC in the basement.

If the interfaces are spread among the VC than we need to know how the internal routing is setup

And do devices in the new vlan need to have access ports on the other VC or not.

• 3.  RE: EX4500
    Best Answer

Posted 03-22-2019 07:46

as they are different VCs you have to create the vlans on each VC

AND you need to enable that vlans on the trunk interfaces between the VCs as per default a trunk dow not carry vlans automatically

( trunks can auto set the vlans with MVRP protocol)

regards

alexander

• 4.  RE: EX4500

Posted 03-28-2019 19:03

It works.  Thank you very much.