Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  My telnet password is different?

Posted 07-22-2019 06:54

Hello,

I am connected via serial.   I enabled telnet, ftp, web access.   I went to log in to telnet with the same root and password I'm using for the serial connection and it doesn't work.   Can you tell me how to set it?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: My telnet password is different?

Posted 07-22-2019 06:59

• 3.  RE: My telnet password is different?

Posted 07-22-2019 07:05

Thanks.   I tried SSH to the IP and the root login doesn't work either.    I've tried 6 times so I know that I'm not typing the password wrong.   I get access denied at the login so I am technically able to connect to it - just not login with the root password.    Is there any way I can access this thing by IP address and just use the root login?    I still have root login when connected via the serial port however my client won't have that and they want to get to it by IP address.   Jweb works with the root login but they may want CLI.

• 4.  RE: My telnet password is different?

Posted 07-22-2019 07:12
    Try "set system services ssh root-login allow"
    In latest junos root login via ssh is denied by default.

• 5.  RE: My telnet password is different?
    Best Answer

Posted 07-22-2019 07:28

Hi Jimbo55,

You perhaps have 'root-login deny' active on your configuration if this was a factory default setting.

Please change this to 'root-login allow' in your 'set system services ssh root-login' hierarchy.

Cheers

Pooja

Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!

• 6.  RE: My telnet password is different?

Posted 07-22-2019 07:52

Thanks so much!