Switching

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Issues in SRX340 connecting IP phones with Asterisk server

Posted 11-05-2019 12:37

Hello community:

First, I would like to explain the topology I have in my office. I have one SRX340 configured two aggregated ethernet links ae0 and ae1. With vlan 90 in interface ae0 (ae0.90) I have connected a virtual chassis with 2 EX2200 to connect servers (my asterisk). With vlan 190 interface ae1 (ae1.190) I have connected another virtual chassis with 2 EX2200 to connect endpoints and IP phones. The two interfaces are assigned to two different zones. On SRX, there are policies on both directions to allow all traffic and ALGs (SIP and TFTP) are disabled. Service is working perfect for a period of time, but without any reason IP phones are disconnected and vlan190 lost connectivity to the server. When connectivity is lost, IP and MAC address of asterisk server dissapear from ARP table and IP address for phones are always on the table. Mac addresses of server and IP phones are learned on switches. DHCP server with options 66 and 150 is configured on SRX, also voice vlan is configured on switches.

do you have any recommendations? or maybe any traceoption I can enable to see further details

Best regards

Karlink

Any recommendatios

• 2.  RE: Issues in SRX340 connecting IP phones with Asterisk server

Posted 11-05-2019 12:39

It is important to notice that if I connect phones in the same vlan90 without using the SRX, service is working perfectly without any disruption of the service.

Best regards

Karlink

• 3.  RE: Issues in SRX340 connecting IP phones with Asterisk server
    Best Answer

Posted 11-08-2019 06:19

I customized timeouts for sip service and it solved the problem.