Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Can EX-3300 send LLDP Proprietary TLVs?

Posted 10-12-2017 11:00

We mostly send boot options to our Avaya VoIP phones via DHCP options. However, in a few specific cases, it would be easy to send specifc data to the phones based on the access switch they are connected to, rather than via the DHCP pool they are in.

Avaya has used the LLDP "proprietary" TLV scheme as a way to set parameters in the phone  (e.g. https://downloads.avaya.com/elmodocs2/ip_phones/r2_7/output/233507_5/lanad0451.html

But, I can't find examples of defining specific LLDP TLVs in the switch so that it will output these values to its neighbors. Is this possible?

(Having specific custom TLV data embedded in my switch configs is not hugely scalable, but still easier than needing to manually configure a bunch of phones!)

Thanks,

Steve

#LLDP
    #tlv

• 2.  RE: Can EX-3300 send LLDP Proprietary TLVs?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-12-2017 17:03

Juniper switches only support 'standard' TLV, and do not [yet?] support the setting and sending of proprietary LLDP TLVs.  From what I understand only the latest model Avaya (now Extreme) switches actually have this support, and no current Cisco switches have this capability as well.

Just as skb does, most use DHCP options.

Hopefully this may help you.

• 3.  RE: Can EX-3300 send LLDP Proprietary TLVs?

Posted 10-12-2017 17:13