Switching

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  EX4300 Virtual Chassis Mode

Posted 03-20-2019 20:51

Hello,

I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to disable virtual chassis mode on the EX4300. I've already deleted all the VCP's by doing 'request virtual-chassis vc-port delete pic-slot 1 port [0-4]' and confirmed they are no longer there by running 'show virtual-chassis vc-port'. I also tried deleting all files under /config/vchassis. However, no matter what I do, every time I run 'show virtual-chassis' command, the second line keeps saying 'Virtual Chassis Mode: Enabled' as well as {master:0} being above every cli prompt. 

Is there a way to completely disable Virtual Chassis mode and only use it as a single switch?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: EX4300 Virtual Chassis Mode
    Best Answer

Posted 03-20-2019 21:00

Hi Caleb,

Virtual chassis is enabled by default, but it will function as a VC until you plug in a VC cable and connect the switch to an other switch with VC supported.  So if you've removed the VCP cables and the VC configuration from the box, you can use it as a single switch right now.  There will be no difference when you see VC is enabled on a standalone EX, that's just a default behavior that any EX/QFX is VC ready :).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    -r.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
    Kudos are always appreciated :).

• 3.  RE: EX4300 Virtual Chassis Mode

Posted 03-20-2019 21:01

Hi Caleb,

Virtual chassis is enabled by default, but it will "not" function as a VC until you plug in a VC cable and connect the switch to another switch with VC supported.  So if you've removed the VCP cables and deleted the VC configuration from the box, you can use it as a single switch right now. 

There will be no difference when you see VC is enabled on a standalone EX, that's just a default behavior that any EX/QFX is VC ready Smiley Happy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    -r.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
    Kudos are always appreciated .

• 4.  RE: EX4300 Virtual Chassis Mode

Posted 03-20-2019 21:06

That's kinda what I thought, but wasn't sure if there was a way to completely disable it or something.

Thank you!