Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Is it just me or is support getting useless ?

Posted 12-21-2017 11:46

Second time in a year I've gotten the run around when trying to get a dead power supply replaced.  Beyond ridiculous, actually bordering on offensive - saying suppose it was stolen? 

OK.  Sure, I'm going around stealing power supplies out of someone else's switches and getting RMA's when they go bad?  Eventually the local Juniper sales folks got involved but I'm really disappointed in the hardware break/fix support.  Anyone else been through this kind of baloney with them or did I just get lucky twice this year?

• 2.  RE: Is it just me or is support getting useless ?

Posted 12-21-2017 14:42

For which product(s) is this for?  EX I assume, and potentially EX4500 specficially?  Did the power supply SN match that of one in Juniper system, or better yet did the switch SN that had the defective PS match a valid Juniper SN?

• 3.  RE: Is it just me or is support getting useless ?

Posted 12-22-2017 00:37

Hi Folks,

My 2 cents on this…

I would suggest to open a JTAC Service Request and involve customer care agent to get this fixed. This can be fixed; I suppose some mismatch in serial number mapping to your support account. But simple to be fixed by customer care agent.

• 4.  RE: Is it just me or is support getting useless ?

Posted 12-22-2017 11:13

Actually EX4200 which yeah I know is end of life next June.  Switch s/n is in system but power supply s/n not in their system so I sent a photo of it.  In the past they added, this time they said since there was no Juniper logo on the power supply they couldn't add it to the system.  I guess having the Juniper p/n on the picture wasn't enough.

Eventually my local sales folks got it resolved.  My question is not about this particular power supply but rather are others seeing the same kind of obstruction when trying to get RMA's or have I just gotten 2 for 2 the last time I needed help from them.

• 5.  RE: Is it just me or is support getting useless ?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-23-2017 02:43

Hi Folks,

I would suggest to Escalate the JTAC Cases under such conditions,

If for any reason you are not satisfied with the progress of your case, you can escalate the case at any time.

Escalating a Case through Case Manager

If you feel that your case isn’t progressing as required, you can request an escalation of your case via Case Manager at: www.juniper.net/casemanager. Click on the details of the case in question, and select the “Escalate Case” button. You will be presented with six options (see Table 2 for details).

JTAC User Guide

https://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/resource-guides/7100059-en.pdf

• 6.  RE: Is it just me or is support getting useless ?

Posted 12-23-2017 02:47

To add…

You can also escalate a Case to a JTAC Escalation Manager Over the Phone. Please call any of the JTAC phone numbers and select Option #2 to reach Customer Care. Once you reach Customer Care, ask to speak to a “JTAC Escalation Manager.” Please be prepared to provide the case number and the reason for case escalation. JTAC Escalation Managers are available 24x7 and will follow up directly with you to understand the issue and outline the next steps for resolution.

With this option in place you can reach out to “JTAC Escalation Manager” any time and they will be happy to assist you.

• 7.  RE: Is it just me or is support getting useless ?

Posted 12-27-2017 11:48

I'll try escalation next time although I'm not too hopeful.  The gear isn't end of life yet but sure seems like they want it to be and it's like talking to a brick wall getting anything out of them.  Thankfully our local sales team got it resolved but it's a huge waste of everyone's time having to jump through the hoops.