Switching

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Configuring existing VLANS in bulk.

Posted 08-26-2015 21:27

This sounds like a bit of a stupid question i'm sure but I thought i'd ask.

I have a customer with a network of multiple EX series switches in vitual chassis (a few different virtual chassis), all configured with multiple VLANs. 

One of the VCs has about 100 vlans.  This a QFX5100 based VC configured as a server switch with a lot of vlans for an OpenStack  deployment.  I want to configure "vlan-prune" for these vlans but I DON'T want to manually do it.  Is there a way to use wildcards or wildcard-range for this, or a global statement i can use? 

I really really don't want to recommend that they manually write set statements for configuring this.

#EXseries
    #EX3300
    #QFXseries
    #vlans

• 2.  RE: Configuring existing VLANS in bulk.
    Best Answer

Posted 08-26-2015 21:38

Nevermind I figured it out.

Using Configuration Groups and applying them to the VLAN stanza made it easy.