Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  RE: VPLS problems with E-TREE config when Hubsite is on same PE as Spokesites

Posted 09-28-2009 13:01

We are configuring Point to Multipoint (E-TREE) services using VPLS instances however we are running into and interesting issue.

When we have spoke sites that terminate on the same MX as the hubsite we can't obviously set import/export targets here as they are on the same PE so we use local-switching however by doing this we open all these sites up to not only being able to pass traffic between themselves but also to all other targeted Hubsites on other PE's.

Does anyone know of a way to manipuate a local-switching domain into a hub and spoke architecture and secondly, to prevent all but the Hubsite from passing traffic to VPLS defined spoke sites?

Thanks

R./

Message Edited by Ribo on 09-28-2009 03:28 PM

#P2MP
    #vpls
    #E-TREE

• 2.  RE: RE: VPLS problems with E-TREE config when Hubsite is on same PE as Spokesites

Posted 09-28-2009 15:23
    Just to add, this is on an MX480 running 9.2.R.3.5.

• 3.  RE: RE: VPLS problems with E-TREE config when Hubsite is on same PE as Spokesites

Posted 09-28-2009 15:29
    Not sure if this is in the right area of the forum but I don't want to cross post...???

• 4.  RE: RE: VPLS problems with E-TREE config when Hubsite is on same PE as Spokesites
    Best Answer

Posted 10-08-2009 09:11

I found a solution to this so thought I'd share it!....

The "core-facing" command.

>> interfaces ge-0/0/0 {
    >> flexible-vlan-tagging;
    >> encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
    >> unit 0 {
    >> family vpls {
    >> core-facing; <<< on your spoke interface of the >> Hub PE