Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  There is no default route in OSPF nssa area

Posted 09-04-2011 23:07

In the EX4200, I have area 0 and area 10 in OSPF 1 and I configured area 10 to be  NSSA.

When there is no OSPF neighbor in the area 0, I can not find the default route in the peer router of nssa area  .

In the EX4200, I network lo0.0 in the area 0,  there is still no default route in nssa area .

In the Cisco and H3C,  I network lo0 in the area 0,  I can find the default route  in the peer router of nssa area  .

How should I configure in Ex4200?

The other question is how should I configure two or more ospf processes?

Sorry for my English

• 2.  RE: There is no default route in OSPF nssa area
    Best Answer

Posted 09-05-2011 07:45

Hello,

Try the following:

set protocols ospf no-active-backbone

WARNING: this is hidden command, you have to type it in full as above.

HTH

Rgds

Alex

• 3.  RE: There is no default route in OSPF nssa area

Posted 09-05-2011 09:04
    if there is no neighbor in area 0, it means that you are disconnected from your backbone ... so as per juniper, what benefit you get from default route injection if you are disconnected

ref: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos94/swconfig-routing/configuring-the-backbone-area-and-other-areas.html

however, do the workaround proposed by aarseniev to change this default ospfv2 behavior ....

regards

• 4.  RE: There is no default route in OSPF nssa area

Posted 09-06-2011 01:55

I have understood and  tried this command.it's work.

Thanks both.

• 5.  RE: There is no default route in OSPF nssa area

Posted 03-22-2021 23:16
    I did try this command, it did not work in my configuration.
    I do have default route in ospf3 database, but not in the routing table.
    I created another topology  R1 -area 0- R2 --Area 23 (nssa) -- R3 to test, I can see the default route. But the topology I am working on does not work. I am so lost.

Appreciate any insights !!