Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  EX4200 running recommended 15.1R7-S6 unable to install J-web due to low free space

Posted 10-01-2020 14:21

Hi!

Once in awhile I bump into customers that use JWeb and would like to have the full JWeb application, not just the light version called "platform" that's included in the Junos images. To make your search less painful, here is a release combo that worked for me on the EX4200-24T:

JUNOS Web Management Platform Package [15.1R7-S6.3]
    JUNOS Web Management Application package [15.1A2.2]

There are recommendationa all over the place at Juniper and some say use jweb-ex-app-15.1A4.1 and some say otherwise. When downloading, you can't select JWEB as a product, but you can use this link:

https://www.juniper.net/support/downloads/?p=jweb

Then select your Junos version and the appropriate JWeb packages are displayed. In this case (15.1), there are two since 15.1 requires a special release and later ones require the other.

Hope this helps someone 🙂

/Fredrik

• 2.  Re: EX4200 running recommended 15.1R7-S6 unable to install J-web due to low free space

Posted 10-07-2020 05:41

Hi Fredrik,

Could you please share "show system storage" output from your EX4200 running 15.1R7-S6 JunOS release?

Thanks!

Deimos.

• 3.  RE: Re: EX4200 running recommended 15.1R7-S6 unable to install J-web due to low free space

Posted 12-16-2020 12:55
    Sorry for not responding, I hate it when others don't :) We resorted to the recommended Junos 12 release in order to get it solved (the full J-Web is included there so no need to install extra modules). We had a JTAC case open but couldn't figure out a quick way to solve it anyway. I'll give it a go with the EX4200's I just bought on eBay.

• 4.  RE: Re: EX4200 running recommended 15.1R7-S6 unable to install J-web due to low free space

Posted 12-16-2020 13:41
    Edited by ankurv 12-16-2020 13:42
    Try  to perform upgrade after running request system storage cleanup or request system storage cleanup dry-run --- to check which files will be deleted. 

------------------------------
    ANKUR
    ------------------------------