vSRX

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

Telneting vSRX

• 1.  Telneting vSRX

Posted 04-15-2021 19:35
    Hello,

I'm running vSRX on VMware and I'm trying to telnet via command prompt cause i can't scroll up in VMware to look through few pages of output.

So, i tried some steps i found on google but i can't seem to get it work..

------------------------------
    AHMAD ADEL

• 2.  RE: Telneting vSRX

Posted 04-16-2021 02:47
    It would be very helpful if you could share the steps you've tried, so we can figure out from there what might have went wrong.
    In general you'd need to: 1. enable system services telnet (but perferably ssh) 2. configure an IP address on interfaces fxp0.0 family inet 3. in vmware connect the vSRX first NIC to a network shared with the vm from which you want to establish the connection

• 3.  RE: Telneting vSRX

Posted 04-16-2021 09:24
    Ok, so I enabled the Telnet service and configured fxp0 with an IP address the same as the one assigned in the network adapter, what should i do next?

I also remember setting the interface ge-0/0/0 in the trust zone but didn't know what the configuration should be in terms of addressing

AHMAD ADEL