vSRX

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

vSRX - Virtual Appliance Licensing

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  vSRX - Virtual Appliance Licensing

Posted 06-07-2020 00:52

Hi there,

I was trying to use a test vSRX node to lab licensing features, so I ran the command request system license delete all command to delete the licenses. I then re-applied the evaluation key using request system license add terminal. However, when I re-applied the evaluation key, it activated the evaluation of the advanced features but not the virtual appliance listed in show system licenses

https://www.juniper.net/us/en/dm/free-vsrx-trial/ - Step 2 of the vSRX free trial is what I did to access the key that I used.

I was doing this so that I could find out in a lab environment what the consequences of deleting the license was. Is there a way to re-apply it for the virtual appliance feature? Since this was just a test case, I just re-created the node. However, I'm just asking in order to further my knowledge of JUNOS/SRX licensing. Thanks for your help in advance!

• 2.  RE: vSRX - Virtual Appliance Licensing
    Best Answer

Posted 06-07-2020 03:31

Hi kelvintechie, 

Greetings, 

As per my understanding you deleted the licenses and added the advanced license, now you are unable to view the appliance license (evaluation license) in the show system licenses output right ?

The vSRX software image provides you with a 60-day product evaluation license which allow you to use vSRX for a specified period without having to install a license key.

Features:
        Virtual Appliance - Virtual Appliance
          count-down, Original validity: 60 days >> You do not get this ?

1. Did you try rebooting the vSRX and then check the output of show system license ?

2. I would suggest you to reinstall this and check once.

Not sure how your output looks like (Does it have the license identifier? )

Ideally, you should see this after a few lines in the output of show system license.

For vSRX Licensing reference, this link might help ushttps://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/licensing/topics/topic-map/vsrx-licensing.html

Hope this helps. Please mark "Accept as solution" if this answers your query. 

Kudos are appreciated too! 

Regards, 

Sharat Ainapur

• 3.  RE: vSRX - Virtual Appliance Licensing

Posted 06-07-2020 07:32

Got it, thanks for your help!