vSRX

• 1.  vSRX - Virtual Appliance Licensing

Posted 06-07-2020 00:52

Hi there,

I was trying to use a test vSRX node to lab licensing features, so I ran the command request system license delete all command to delete the licenses. I then re-applied the evaluation key using request system license add terminal. However, when I re-applied the evaluation key, it activated the evaluation of the advanced features but not the virtual appliance listed in show system licenses

https://www.juniper.net/us/en/dm/free-vsrx-trial/ - Step 2 of the vSRX free trial is what I did to access the key that I used.

I was doing this so that I could find out in a lab environment what the consequences of deleting the license was. Is there a way to re-apply it for the virtual appliance feature? Since this was just a test case, I just re-created the node. However, I'm just asking in order to further my knowledge of JUNOS/SRX licensing. Thanks for your help in advance!

• 2.  RE: vSRX - Virtual Appliance Licensing
    Best Answer

Posted 06-07-2020 03:31

Hi kelvintechie, 

Greetings, 

As per my understanding you deleted the licenses and added the advanced license, now you are unable to view the appliance license (evaluation license) in the show system licenses output right ?

The vSRX software image provides you with a 60-day product evaluation license which allow you to use vSRX for a specified period without having to install a license key.

Features:
        Virtual Appliance - Virtual Appliance
          count-down, Original validity: 60 days >> You do not get this ?

1. Did you try rebooting the vSRX and then check the output of show system license ?

2. I would suggest you to reinstall this and check once.

Not sure how your output looks like (Does it have the license identifier? )

Ideally, you should see this after a few lines in the output of show system license.

For vSRX Licensing reference, this link might help ushttps://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/licensing/topics/topic-map/vsrx-licensing.html

Hope this helps. Please mark "Accept as solution" if this answers your query. 

Kudos are appreciated too! 

Regards, 

Sharat Ainapur

• 3.  RE: vSRX - Virtual Appliance Licensing

Posted 06-07-2020 07:32

Got it, thanks for your help!