vSRX

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

vSRX - Cluster ESXi Port Groups

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  vSRX - Cluster ESXi Port Groups

Posted 06-10-2020 19:08

Hey All,

Has anyone here installed a pair of vSRXs into a cluster in a DVS on ESXi?

Reading the documentation, it looks like I just need a vlan for the fxp0, for the fabric, and then 1 for each RETH that I make.

So, 4 in total.

However, I can't get the chassis cluster config to take with the "set system chassis cluster 0 node 0 reboot" and "set system chassis cluster 0 node 1 reboot"

On reboot, I get a "chassis cluster is not enabled" when trying to check the status on a "node"

Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: vSRX - Cluster ESXi Port Groups

Posted 06-10-2020 19:22

Hi RoutingFrames, 

Greetings, 

On the vSRX VM, vSRX stores and reads the IDs from boot/loader.conf and uses the IDs to initialize the chassis cluster during startup. Did you enable the chassis cluster configuration before reboot ?

set chassis cluster cluster-id 1 node 0 reboot
    set chassis cluster cluster-id 1 node 1 reboot

I believe you are using the below link for provisioning the vSRX cluster:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/vsrx/topics/task/multi-task/security-vsrx-cluster-stage-provisioning-vmware.html

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Please mark "Accept as solution" if this answers your query. 

Kudos are appreciated too! 

Regards, 

Sharat Ainapur

• 3.  RE: vSRX - Cluster ESXi Port Groups

Posted 06-10-2020 19:25

HI,

are you saying cluster 0 is not usable? I have to use cluster 1? 

• 4.  RE: vSRX - Cluster ESXi Port Groups

Posted 06-10-2020 19:37

Wow.

I got so used to the "0" being a part of Junos, I just assumed I could use it as the first node! 

cluster is up! 

• 5.  RE: vSRX - Cluster ESXi Port Groups

Posted 06-10-2020 19:47

Hi RoutingFrames

Yes, usually 0 comes up as for all the normal usage but in case of chassis cluster 0 means clustering mode is disabled.

Glad that it helped. 

Regards,
    Sharat Ainapur

• 6.  RE: vSRX - Cluster ESXi Port Groups
    Best Answer

Posted 06-10-2020 19:28

Hi RoutingFrame, 

A cluster is identified by a cluster ID (cluster-id) specified as a number from 1 through 255. Setting a cluster ID to 0 is equivalent to disabling a cluster.

Link: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/chassis-cluster-node-id-and-cluster-id-setting-cli.html

Hope this helps.

Please mark "Accept as solution" if this answers your query.   Kudos are appreciated too! 

Regards, 

Sharat Ainapur