Posted 06-22-2016 04:14

Hi ppl, need some expertise on vSRX installation, on Virtual BOX

I downloaded media-srx-ffp-vsrx-vmdisk-15.1X49-D15.4.ide

and

extracted

media-srx-ffp-vsrx-vmdisk-15.1X49-D15.4.ovf

and

media-srx-ffp-vsrx-vmdisk-15.1X49-D15.4-disk1.vmdk

But I couldn't install the virtual machine in virtual box, I tried the following ways: 1. by upolading .vmdk, and then virtual machine by selecting, Linux (32 ) bit 2. by importing .ovf both the methods didn't work, error screenshots are enclosed

• 2.  RE: vSRX VM installation on Virtual BOX

Posted 06-22-2016 05:10

Hi,

I believe vSRX is not supported on virtual box. It is supported on KVM and ESX and the image you have is most probably an ESX image.

Also, am not sure VT-X is supported by virtual box. I was not successful trying this some time in the past.

Cheers,

Ashvin

• 3.  RE: vSRX VM installation on Virtual BOX

Posted 06-22-2016 16:25

I have not done this, but Juniper education does have a video showing how to load vSRX into virtualbox

Creating a Junos Sandbox with vSRX and VirtualBox Learning Byte
    The Creating a Junos Sandbox with vSRX and VirtualBox Learning Byte covers the deployment of Junos vSRX VM into VirtualBox. This Byte is most appropriate for users or administrators of Junos vSRX VMs or for users new to Junos that want a way to create a Junos sandbox.

Relevant to Junos OS Releases: Junos vSRX
    Relevant to Juniper Platforms: 12.1X47-D15.4 or later
    Presenter: Jody Holmes, Courseware Developer, Education Services

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=9474

This video is now inside Junos Genius:

https://cloud.contentraven.com/

• 4.  RE: vSRX VM installation on Virtual BOX

Posted 06-23-2016 01:47

the solution on the video doesnt work, i tried exactly the same, but with the evaluation version of vSRX...

the video shows similar installation, but with the standard vSRX version, which i couldnt download...

• 5.  RE: vSRX VM installation on Virtual BOX

Posted 01-19-2018 23:10

Just thought of sharing how I managed to get vsrx 15 running on virtual box. Just import the ova appliance and when you get to the details screen (one with the settings to be verified) before the install process, change the platform type from unknown/other-64 bit to FreeBSD-64bit. And an additional tip, setting the network interface type to virtio instead of PCNet brings up the fxp0 to be managed and bridged with the external/physical network. Haven’t got to the ge-0/0/0 interface yet.

Hope that helps.

KSS Networks